The Sous Chef is a working position. The Sous Chef will lead the culinary and kitchen support staff and assist the Executive Chef in the overall management of the kitchen, assuring an efficient and effective restaurant operation. The Sous Chef will build a culture of teamwork, kindness, enthusiasm, and superior service with the staff; train, motivate and supervise subordinates.
The Feinstein Group is one of the most well-respected, award-winning hospitality groups in the Tampa Bay Area. Creating unforgettable, one-of-a-kind dining experiences IS OUR PASSION. Our Team consists of some of the BEST AND BRIGHTEST in our industry. We believe a great employee deserves to be recognized. We look forward to speaking with you about the opportunities we offer.
- Assist in the facilitation and follow up of Fusion Prep Software
- Assist with monthly inventory
- Assist in the facilitation and use of Restaurant365 software
- Establish training procedures and guidelines and implement new procedures to strengthen quality performance
- Ensure employees are following appropriate personal hygiene procedures
- Train staff on the impact of portion control
- Develop and cultivate positive peer and vendor relationships
- Follow and ensure compliance with all policies and standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Service Manual, and other company-generated documents
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Chain of Command
- Support a culture of enthusiasm, teamwork, kindness, and belief in genuine hospitality
- Prepare high-quality cuisine and supervise the culinary and support staff, with a heavy focus on upscale new American cuisine
- Oversee production and assist with food preparation. Ensure mise en place is completed prior to commencement of service.
- Be proficient in every station & work position when needed
- Expedite during service volume; ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, presentation, and correct temperature
- Maintain proper sanitation standards; confirm that all commodities are labeled and stored correctly on a daily basis. Ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures
- Keep the back of the house areas organized and clean
- Assist in loss prevention measures, control waste, and rotate product
- Keep up with trends and apply knowledge during menu development with Chef
- Assist the Executive Chef in menu writing of recipes and menu development.
- Meet the financial goals of the restaurant while working collaboratively with other managers within the department
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Sous Chef (Upscale Casual) Experience (2+ years preferred)
- Kitchen Managerial experience (2+ years required)
- ServSafe Manager Certified (preferred)
- High School Diploma (required)
- Associates or Bachelor Degree (preferred)
- COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
- Monthly Bonuses
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Meal Discount Program
- Weekly Paycheck
- Company Parties
- Development & GROWTH!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded by industry experts Zachary & Christina Feinstein in 2014, The Feinstein Group is one of the most well-respected, award-winning hospitality groups in the Tampa Bay Area. Creating unforgettable, one of a kind dining experiences IS OUR PASSION. Our Team consists of some of the BEST AND BRIGHTEST in our industry. We believe a great employee deserves to be recognized. We look forward to speaking with you about the opportunities we offer.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)